Sunday 22 July 2012

My First Canadians


5th June two very happy and charming girls turned up on my doorsteps. Marie and Eveline are from Québec Canada, my first two Canadians. If the rest are like these two, they are more than welcome! They even prepared a lunch for me, unfortunately I forgot it, and made them upset.
  They started their trip in Kirkenes (a town almost on the border to Russia) and were heading for France where Marie (she was very strict on how to pronouns the 'r' in Marie) were going to work this summer. In Québec she works in a cycling store and was proud to show off her bike. She was not too impressed with my bike, though, since it was made from aluminum. As I understand, aluminum is not the first choice for touring since it is hard to weld.
  She was giving me some very useful tip on bike maintenance when on the wheels. I will give you a detailed description in my "Good Ideas" section.

No comments:

Post a Comment